Thursday, January 10, 2013

Shutter Gray

Many of you haven't tried Miss Mustard Seed's Milk Paint yet, and we'd like to change that.  Hopefully with more inspiration from us, you'll be more apt to give it a try.  This dresser is done in Shutter Gray.





I love the color. It is such a pretty blue gray.  I used bonding agent on the surround, and went without on the drawers.  So far I've had luck with the chipping. I didn't use a scraper this time to help the chipping along.  Instead I just rubbed it with a cloth to remove the chipped paint. 
Well, now it's your turn to give it a try! 

Linking up at:



Furniture Feature Fridays

9 comments:

  1. it's awesome, and i must know more about the butterflies!

    hope you'll stop over soon--we'd love to have you.

    michele

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michele! The butterfiles are actually from IKEA. They were very reasonable. Thanks for stopping by!
      Julie

      Delete
  2. Hi Julie
    Thank you for gracing your beauty over at my place, and leaving my words that encourage and joy my heart.

    I love your chest, the more beat up pieces look and feel the more soul it adds to a room.

    Thank you please visit soon.
    Xoxo
    Doré

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the dresser, I can't wait to find the perfect piece for milk paint
    mandy
    www.thepaintedchairstudio.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mandy! Yes, you will have to try the Milk Paint. It's my new obsession in the world of painting old furniture. It really gives a piece an authentic aged look. Thanks so much for stopping by!!
      Julie

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Kelly, Glad you like it! The Milk Paint really does give a piece an authentic aged look. You'll have to try it if you haven't already. Thanks so much for your visit!
      Julie

      Delete
  5. Hi just wondering what the color is on the walls? Exactly what I'm trying to find for my daughter but tired of trying!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete