Thursday, January 24, 2013

French Enamel Cabinet

I'm crazy about Miss Mustard Seed's Milk Paint colors.  They are so vibrant and fun.  The French Enamel was my latest choice for a little cabinet-like buffet piece we had.  The vibrant blue transformed the little thing and gave it a new life.








I've lightly tattered the cabinet, and sanded the top to smooth it out. Besides that, It has a coat of Miss Mustard Seed's wax.






This piece has wonderful alligatoring of the original varnish in parts. Because of this, I may add antiquing wax to it later.


This is the before picture.  It had a very dark finish. 




These pictures were taken on our trip to Paris a few years back. They were taken at the Rue Cler Market. I thought they were just to pretty not to use somewhere. The kitchen seemed like the perfect place.
 
This is the antique cart that I usually have in this spot.  I added this so you can compare the wood to the pop of blue from the French Enamel.  Some people are afraid to use color in their home.  I'm tempted now to add a splash of color to this spot permantly. 

If you are interested in this piece, stop by the shop this weekend and see it in person!


Linking up here:


       

11 comments:

  1. I just found your lovely site! Im your newest follower! Look forward to your shares!

    God bless....Brooke

    http://creativecountrymom.blogspot.com/
    My home and garden site...

    http://brookekroeger.blogspot.com/
    My Vintage Art and Printables site...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brooke! Thanks so much for stopping by. I can't wait to give you a visit as well. So glad you found us!
      Julie

      Delete
  2. Beautiful transformation. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The antique cart is very pretty, but the blue really makes that space special. It enhances the colors in your pictures and the whole thing just pops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Betsy! Yes, I agree, that's exactly what I was thinking. I think I will have to add some color to that spot permanently. Thanks so much for visiting!
      Julie

      Delete
  4. Hello Tattered Tique! My girls and I just found your shop and blog! We were looking for Annie Sloan paint. Can't wait to come visit!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you found us! Check out our website for our shop hours and come for a visit!!
      www.tatteredtiques.com

      Delete
  5. The blue is a very nice pop of color! And the piece looks much fresher for it! Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you use the bonding agent? And what waxes did you use? I love this finish and am planning on doing something similar to a dresser of mine and it's my first attempt at milk paint. Please email me at vollegrl@hotmail.com Thanks!

    ReplyDelete