Thursday, February 16, 2012

Happy Hour

IMG_3040 - Version 2


When we first saw this piece at a Wisconsin auction, we thought he was just a cool side table, or maybe a an old radio cabinet.  I bid on him from across the room.  When the bidding was over, I prayed he was in as good of shape as he looked.  After I ran over to open him up and do the once over...I realized he is a bar! Score!
IMG_3051


IMG_3055
When you open the top, a tray filled with your bottle of choice pops up.  Such a cool piece!


IMG_3061
We gave him a coat of Annie Sloan's Old White and then covered him in Coco(except for the raised areas).  Then we dark waxed him.  I like it. It gives him a bit of a masculine feel, but he still is pretty!


IMG_3046



Image 1


This is what he looked like before...doesn't really make me thirsty


IMG_3040
It's 5 o'clock somewhere!


 


Linking up here:


{Primp}Furniture Feature Fridays


vif187Photobucket



2 comments: