Thursday, February 16, 2012

Happy Hour

IMG_3040 - Version 2

When we first saw this piece at a Wisconsin auction, we thought he was just a cool side table, or maybe a an old radio cabinet.  I bid on him from across the room.  When the bidding was over, I prayed he was in as good of shape as he looked.  After I ran over to open him up and do the once over...I realized he is a bar! Score!

When you open the top, a tray filled with your bottle of choice pops up.  Such a cool piece!

We gave him a coat of Annie Sloan's Old White and then covered him in Coco(except for the raised areas).  Then we dark waxed him.  I like it. It gives him a bit of a masculine feel, but he still is pretty!


Image 1

This is what he looked like before...doesn't really make me thirsty

It's 5 o'clock somewhere!


Linking up here:

{Primp}Furniture Feature Fridays


1 comment:

  1. HI Ladies!
    I am heading out your way this Friday and Jenn, my antique business partner, and I were wondering if you all were open so we could stop and shop!?
    Let me know!
    You can email me at
    Thanks so much,
    Alison at the Polohouse and
    Blue Cardinal Vintage and Antiques