Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Annie Sloan Paint Class

Chalk paint


A couple of weeks ago, I had the oppurtunity to sit in on an Annie Sloan Paint class.  The class was held in Itasca at our Stockist Michelle's classroom(Di Lucca Designs).  I had gone, intending to get a feel for what the classes entailed, for when we put our own together.  Well, I got much more than just that!  I learned a great deal, and enjoyed getting away for the day. 


Paint class 036 (800x600)
How tempting is this color board.  It makes me want to paint, even more. This shows the paint colors with clear then dark wax on them.



Paint class 035 (800x600)
These were some of my trial boards.  Fun!


 


Paint class 013 (800x600)

Paint class 020 (800x600)



Paint class 015 (800x600)
Check out this table and the classroom floor Michelle painted.  I LOVE this table!  Antilbes green on the table.  The floor was painted with Graphite and Old White.  It looked fab!


 


 Paint class 008 (800x600)We went through a ton of these paint brushes!



Paint class 031
Class in session.  That is our instructor Sue with the apron on.  She did an amazing job.


 


Paint class 030Hard at work. 


Paint class 012 (800x600)
I can honestly say that even though I have been painting furniture for years, and using Annie Sloan Chalk Paint for about a year now, I feel much more confident with it all.  


 


With our new confidence, we are working on putting some paint classes of our own together.  Many of our customers have asked if we do paint classes and we feel it's time to offer some.  We are working out the details and hope to offer a couple classes in March.  We are going to start out with just a basic chalk painting class.  In a couple hours, we'll have you in and out and ready to paint on your own!  


Stay tuned!


If you are interested in taking a class with us, let us know! Leave a comment or send us an email and we'll be sure to let you know when we've got our class scheduled.


 



3 comments: