Friday, April 30, 2010

Wilton cake decorating class

My mom and sister and I recently signed up for the Wilton Cake Decorating class at Hobby Lobby.  We had our first meeting last night.  The instructor, Adalina, is very nice and quite funny.  I admit I was a little surprised to find out we were going to have a homework assignment. Since my current nightmares still consist of not getting homework in on time, or flunking tests, I thought I should practice. Next week we are all supposed to bring in an iced cake.  This is so we can practice making the icing in different consistances.  Let's just say, I would of flunked the first test!  The first attempt at "stiff" icing, was more like a medium consistancy.  The second batch was even worse, it was like a thin consistancy, you would use to ice the outside of a cake.  So that's what I did. 


Walk in the woods 064




As you can see, I hate running out of vanilla and meringue powder. 










This was the finished product.  I used the first cake to practice using different tips, and of course I had to use my new tools. 


Walk in the woods 061






Not bad for a first try.  My kids were very impressed. 



No comments:

Post a Comment